TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - My build thread - Lots of pictures inside!
People Seeking Info

Subject My build thread - Lots of pictures inside!

Posted by BBailey(OH) on April 11, 2023 at 4:35 PM
  This message has been viewed 1422 times.

Message I always cringe when I see the part out ad's. Maybe I'm getting old, I dunno. But I always wanted to save one. Some guys want to buy the perfect, Unmolested, garage kept gem. But for me, saving one was the dream.

I live in Ohio, so most projects in this area have some rust issues. I looked at a few over the years and a part of me wanted every single one of them. But when I saw the ad for this 1990, original TT, with 68K just a few hours from my house. I knew I had to jump on it if I wanted to save it:

As you can see, it has a few issues, it sat on a gravel floor in Ohio. But it's perfect! So I loaded it up and took it home.

Here it is at home, cleaned it up a bit. it's smoking fairly steady. Figure turbos are done, Wiring harness is hacked a bit, battery tray rust.

I went with Twinz rear bumper, wing and side skirts with fillers

I had some issues once the engine was out, mismatch heads, compression was boarder line at best. I sourced a set of heads and cleaned them up, but ended up having some issues.

Brett Ramey helped me out with a long block, very thankful for his help and was an awesome experience visiting with him.

Got the dash back in, new wiring harness

Cleaned up the subframe, new bushings, some SPL parts

Rocking the power trix with swift springs

Sport 700's, specialty z intercoolers, JWT clutch and flywheel

I like the 17" wheel, I'm running spacers because the offset isn't what it should be, Ill keep my eyes peeled for something in the future. These are Weds I found in a storage unit literally 5 minutes from my house.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.